18.12.2017• Modular Offices
Portable Offices Are a Wise Investment
Making The Finances Work
(updated in October 2019)
Over the last fifty years, portable buildings of all kinds have become increasingly popular as accommodation, and many companies are now aware of the significant advantages portable office buildings have for a business.
Portable office buildings are typically prefabricated and of modular construction. They can be temporary or permanent and are customisable to exact requirements. Other options available include ‘reconditioned’ portable office buildings as well as flat-pack, self-assembly versions. About 90% of the construction is offsite, in a factory environment; then they are delivered to the desired location by road, before being manoeuvred into place by crane.
There’s very little advance preparation of the site needed; apart from some levelling of the ground, there’s no requirement to dig foundations. After connection to mains electricity and plumbing, the office is ready to go. See our timelapse video of a recent project.
Key Uses of Portable Office Buildings
- Site office on a construction site, providing space to store plans, hold meetings, and liaise with suppliers.
- Sales office on a new housing or similar development.
- Temporary office space during a refurbishment project.
- Mobile operations hub for festivals, conferences, events.
- Flexible accommodation for an expanding business.
Portable office buildings, when used as an alternative to traditional construction, can provide many benefits for the corporate client:
- Cost-effective. Portable office buildings cost much less than a traditionally constructed building and can be available in a fraction of the time, minimising delay and disruption to the day-to-day running of the business. Leasing is also available, so the financial outlay is minimised.
- Prefabricated buildings are available in many different sizes and can be linked side-to-side, end-to-end, or even stacked vertically, with internal staircases. Additional facilities, such as toilets, can be added to provide flexible accommodation to suit different requirements. They can also be made more permanent by the addition of exterior cladding and can be made to blend in with other buildings already on-site if required.
- Eco-friendly. Typically, portable office buildings have a lower carbon footprint than traditionally constructed buildings. Many recycled materials are used in their construction and the offices themselves can be dismantled at the end of a project, recycled and used elsewhere.
- Quality Control. Professional manufacturers ensure every portable office building meets exacting standards. Modular buildings have to meet the same building codes as traditional construction, so the same quality and durability of the finished product are guaranteed. There’s also never any compromise made on safety standards.
All in all, the many benefits of portable office buildings have led to modular construction being widely considered a better alternative than conventional construction.
Portable Facilities, now known as PF Modular, has been providing high-quality, flexible accommodation solutions since 2005. See some of our recent testimonials.
07.07.2020• Modular Buildings
You may have noticed a subtle change. Not only do we have a new website showcasing our expertise in portable & modular buildings but...Continue Reading
24.01.2020• Modular Buildings
Carbon Dioxide Savings Report Modular buildings have many advantages over traditional construction methods, and sustainability and CO2 savings are ones that will play a...Continue Reading