Schools, nurseries and other education facilities face challenges of expanding safely, improving their learning environment or planning to create an all round better learning space.
The great news is, that whatever you’re planning, we have your solution: a modular school building or classroom.
Our buildings go well beyond DfE area guidelines. They’re built for optimal thermal comfort, great air quality and good acoustics. They comply with building regulations and all relevant legislation. They’re custom-designed, and they look great, inside and out.
Costs are around 50% less than a full-scale building project, with an average 70% time saving – due to the benefits of offsite construction and much less disruptive to students’ learning.
With over 15 years of expertise and initial one-to-one project manager guidance means we can supply the right building to you, stress-free and in a modern, clean and sustainable style.
Whether your new modular classroom is a temporary building or a permanent addition to your school’s learning environment, we can help you. We also have a finance partner if you need help with your purchase.
What Works Well...
- Our modular buildings are versatile: you can use them singly; you can link them; you can create a multi-storey block. Whatever the facility you need for your learning environment, whatever the size, we can create it.
- We can integrate your new modular space with your existing school buildings so everything blends in and nothing looks like an add-on.
- Whether you’re a nursery, a primary or junior school, or in secondary or higher education, our classroom solutions are available in a range of cost-efficient sizes. For more information, see our article on modular classroom cost.
- We offer you a wide range of internal layouts and finishes, and your space becomes exactly what you need it to be.
- Whether you’re after a traditional or a contemporary exterior finish, we have an extensive range of options for finishes and cladding. If you want a building that blends in, or you want to make a stylish, modern statement that your students and their parents will love, we design and create to your specification.
- Our buildings are future-proof: they can be moved as your school’s needs change, so your investment is safe.
- They come ready to use with heating, plumbing and electrics supplied complete.
- Installation is quick and disruption to the life of your school is minimal.
All our modular buildings come with an energy performance certificate (EPC) and are BB93, BB101 and BB103 compliant.
Even Better If...
- Your new Science lab comes equipped with benches, sinks and non-slip flooring.
- Your Music suite has up-to-the-minute acoustic treatments and soundproofing.
- Your Studio has blackout drapes, full-length mirrors and great acoustics.
- Your Food Tech classroom has food prep and cooking facilities and temperature-controlled storage space.
Benefits Of Modular Construction
Our modular educational buildings are built with a steel frame in our factory, where quality control is our top priority. We custom-design and build to meet your precise requirements, down to the last detail.
When we’re absolutely certain your new building is exactly what it’s supposed to be, we put it on an HGV, drive it to your site, and crane it into position.
Please make sure your site is accessible by our lorry, and that our crane can get in to lift the modules into position – sometimes, sports fields aren’t the easiest places to access! (They’re also often quite a distance from key services, which can have time and cost implications, so consider the potential location of your new mobile classroom carefully.)
Allow for about 1–2 working days on-site, and our skilled, experienced team doing what they love best. After that, we’ll need around another 5–7 working days for fit-out with the relevant trades, to do the things that just can’t be done off-site.
Disruption to your students’ learning is kept to the bare minimum.
There's A Refurbished Option Too
We’re aware that education’s seemingly “elastic” budget has been stretched endlessly for years, and we’ll do our best to help you get what you want if you just can’t afford to buy new.
We have a range of pre-owned, refurbished buildings available, which can be modified to fit your needs, resulting in a much lower overall cost than a new product. (You’re also benefiting your environment, which students, parents and governors will all appreciate – sustainability is a key win here!)
Your New Portable Classroom – A Pain-Free Reality
The education sector is not an easy space to work in – our years of helping educators find effective solutions to their classroom space problems have shown us this very clearly.
That’s why we offer a full, turnkey service: we can do everything from groundworks to installing mains services; from interior fit-out to exterior cladding; from full installation to on-going maintenance, whether your mobile classroom building is bespoke or refurbished.
So, if you’re a school business manager, a headteacher, a governor, a facilities manager or a school administrator, we’ll help you navigate the route to your new modular classroom, through all the legislation and regulations, all the way to the final project delivery.
How Can We Help You?
Modern, cost-efficient and sustainable, without the mess, disruption and potential for over-running costs and timeframes, our modular classroom buildings are custom designed to meet your needs absolutely.
Find out more by having a look at our list of Modular FAQs first, or just get in touch with one of us. We’re here to help.
However you want to expand or extend your students’ learning spaces, our many years of expertise at PF Modular is right at your fingertips.